Darby's Pioneer Memorial Museum was originally one of the first hand-hewn homestead cabins built in the area. It was crafted by early settler Evelin Matteson in 1886 on his homestead near the mouth of Tin Cup Creek. In 1958 an interested citizen purchased the building and paid to have it moved to its present location, adjacent to the city park on US Highway 93. It became a museum depository for the extensive collection of both home and business artifacts saved by the many pioneer families in the area. A photo of the cabin at its original site is on display at the museum along with a large number of early day photographs and memorabilia of Darby and its people.