The Garden of the Rockies Museum was the first church in Ronan built in the early 1900s. It was given to the Mission Valley Heritage Association in 1980 and moved to its present site with a beautiful view of our famous Sheep's Head Mountain. We acquired Sloans Flat Stage Stop-a dovetailed log house built in 1886; which has added more history to our little corner of the Mission Valley. The Museum has been developed and operated by many volunteers.
Recent additions include a one room schoolhouse, a tool shed and farm machinery building. New buildings and ground space currently in the process of being acquired. We are in the process of developing a cultural center building, the former Round Butte gym building.
We extend an invitation to any individual or organization to join us in our effort to keep all remembering the way it was.
518 Round Butte Road
Ronan, MT 59864