The site of Fort Connah is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Fort Connah was a Hudson's Bay Trading Post established in 1846. One of the three original buildings still remains and is believed to be the oldest standing building in Montana. The fort was active from 1846 to 1871.
Another cabin has been moved onto the property and renovated for administrative purposes, historical artifacts and displays. An 1870s log cabin-building has also been moved to Fort Connah for renovation. These two cabins and the original building will replicate the buildings that once made-up the original trading post.
A semi-annual rendezvous gathering happens in May and September every year. A black powder shooting range is now complete and ready for use.
The Restoration Society is planning a visitor center and small museum. The Society has a display with Hudson's Bay Co. artifacts at the Ninepipes Museum of Early Montana.
71450 Highway 93 North
St Ignatius, MT 59865