The Richey Historical Museum opened October, 1973. The purpose of our Museum is to preserve articles of early homestead days. Our Museum complex has six buildings: (1) the main museum; (2) the Lisk Creek School (1914), the first school in the area which later served as the Catholic Church for 40 years; (3) a homestead shack; (4) a small building where artifacts from the first store and the butcher shop are displayed; (5) the Old Richey Jail (1916); (6) the old First National Bank that was in service between 1916 and 1928 and was later used as a post office for 34 years.
Our museum has over 7,000 articles of historical interest. Among them are a Model A mail car, a real blacksmith shop, a pioneer kitchen, school and church memorabilia from 5 area churches, ranch and farm items, Richey Herald and Richey Pilot newspaper files from 1916-1948, and post office records from Richey, Axtell, Sullivan and Paxton Post Offices.
122 South Main Street
Richey, MT 59259