The 100th Annual Crow Fair Celebration Powwow & Rodeo will be at Crow Agency on August 15-20, 2018 at Crow Agency, Montana, includes parades, a four-day powwow, a rodeo and horse races. The Crow Fair Celebration is the largest Native American event in Montana, and one of the biggest powwows in the country. Held each year in Crow Agency, Montana by The Apsáalooke people of the Crow Indian Reservation just South of Hardin, Montana. Also known as the “Tipi Capital of the world”, Crow Fair begins on the third Thursday in August and attracts more than 50,000 spectators and participants from the around the world.
There are many cultural activities that take place throughout the days of this great celebration.
* The evening pow-wow grand-entries provides the beauty of all Tribes in attendance, the different dance styles, and the many other cultural activities that happen during a pow-wow.
* A daily parade takes place in the morning showing traditional bead work, buckskin and leather work, all made especially for the purpose of showing the best each family has to offer.
* This celebration also offers an INFR sanctioned All-Indian rodeo. This shows the best Indian-Cowboys in the western United States and their outstanding abilities.
* There is Pari-mutuel Horse Racing daily as well as the very popular Indian-Relay horse races. This shows the best in Indian horsemanship from throughout Indian country.
* At the close of the celebration is the "Dance-Through-Camp" or more commonly known as the "Parade Dance" takes place. This is based on the spiritual belief-ways of the Apsaalooke people and is meant as a prayer for good things for the people of our Crow Tribe, for our future camps, and for the coming year.
As the many visitors come from all over the United States, Canada, and other parts of the world, we the Apsaalooke Nation do cordially invite all of you, as well, to attend our annual celebration and we welcome you to become a part of our large and extended family.
The Rodeo and Racing will start at 1:00 PM daily Thursday - Sunday
The Parade will start at 10:00 AM daily Friday - Sunday
The Pow-wow will start at 6:00 PM daily Thursday - Sunday
The Teepee Creepers Run/Walk:
Registration at 6:30 AM south end of the dance arbor
Race/Walk starts at 7:30 AM
PO Box 159
Crow Agency, MT