Exploring the original Upper Musselshell Museum is rather like prowling around in someone's attic or barn. This two-story limestone building, constructed in 1909, is filled with treasures that belong to the people who lived in, worked and developed the Upper Musselshell River country.
The Marshall Building was built in 1906 to house the Marshall Hardware Store and is now the home of our famous dinosaur, Ava. Here you will find an old-time saloon, an extensive gun collection, a sled hearse (with a passenger), our movie theater and many other interesting artifacts from days gone bye. The second floor of the Marshall Building museum is currently undergoing extensive renovation thanks to a very generous grant from the Bair Family Trust. When this area is completed it will have more of our collections, a 1950s room and Heritage Rooms that will feature private collections of area individuals. Both museums are located on Main Street in Harlowton.
Also while in Harlowton be sure to visit the 1915 Milwaukee Railroad Electric Locomotive made by General Electric. The locomotive is located on the corner of US Highway 12 and Main Street.
For more information about the Montana Dinosaur Trail go to www.mtdinotrail.org
11 South Central Avenue
Harlowton, MT 59036