Skip to main content

Fort Shaw

Fort Shaw

Fort Shaw, on the Sun River, is twenty-four miles west of Great Falls. Built in 1867, it was first named Camp Reynolds then changed to honor Colonel Robert Shaw, a Civil War soldier. It was established as a military post to protect travelers on the Mull Road and early settlers from raiding Blackfeet. Fort Shaw was abandoned as a military post in 1890 but later served as an Indian school.

Detail

Visitor Information

Central Montana

See what's nearby

Filter:
Show All
Where To Stay
Things To Do
Food And Drink
Grid View
List View

2K's Kafe

Cafe
Great Falls, MT

3-D International Restaurant and Lounge

Fine Dining
Black Eagle, MT

5th Street Diner

Family Restaurant
Great Falls, MT

909 Apartment

Vacation Home
Great Falls, MT

Airway Motel

Hotel/Motel
Great Falls, MT

Alamo/National Car Rental

Car Rental
Great Falls, MT

Alberta Motel & Annex

Hotel/Motel
Great Falls, MT

Allen's Manix Trading Post

Specialty Store
Augusta, MT

Apothecary Drug Store

Specialty Store
Great Falls, MT